VLSI or Very Large Scale Integration is a way through which an integrated circuit is created by integrating millions of transistors into a single chip. Today VLSI is a highly demanding field of electronics and its application is needed in a diverse range of electrical equipment like computer peripherals, cell phones, satellites, defense aerospace, consumer electronics, set-top entertainment boxes, and several other devices. For all the candidates, who want to build a career in the VLSI field, Lakshya offers a training program in VLSI technologies, and it is designed to meet the modern-day demands of the industry. Our VLSI course-trained candidates can work with various domains of chip design.
VLSI Design Course:
VLSI Stands for Very-large-scale integration (VLSI), which produces an integrated circuit (IC) by combining millions of MOS (Metal Oxide Silicon transistor) transistors over a single chip. VLSI started in the 1970s when MOS (Metal Oxide Silicon transistor) integrated circuit chips were largely used, enabling compound semiconductor and telecommunication technologies to be explained. The microprocessor and memory chips are VLSI (Very-large-scale integration) devices. Before the introduction of VLSI technology, most ICs had a limited set of roles they could perform.
IC (Integrated Circuits) is used in various types of electronic devices. Our mobile phone consists of IC, which is a circuit where all or some of the circuit elements are inseparably linked and electrically interconnected, so it’s considered indivisible for construction and commerce. Before VLSI, IC size used to be much larger than it is now. Because of VLSI, designers can now add millions of transistors and other components to a tiny chip.
Who can attend VLSI Course?
Graduates hailing from similar branches of engineering and science backgrounds such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication, Instrumentation, Electrical, and Electronics can pursue a VLSI course. The eligibility criteria may differ from one course to another.
Career Prospects with VLSI Course
With modern improvements in areas such as hardware-software co-design, network on chip, an architecture for machine intelligence, etc., VLSI Design is fast, developing as a promising professional field for the subject’s postgraduates. The postgraduates can work as Physical Design Engineers, VLSI Project Designers, Design Engineers, Lecturers/ Professors, VLSI Technical Leads, etc.
Why study VLSI Course?
- After learning this course people can train in the field of VLSI Design which helps them to play different roles between design, development, and technology.
- The demand of this course is more as it is beneficial for the continuously developing industry where professionals with practical as well as academic knowledge are needed.
- Students can use mathematical methods and circuit analysis models to analyze CMOS digital electronics circuits, including logic components and the interconnect.
- You can apply CMOS technology-specific layout rules in the placement and routing of transistors and check the functionality, timing, power, and parasitic effects.
- Can use the features of CMOS circuit construction.
- You can produce models of moderately sized CMOS circuits that realize specified digital functions.
- Can create a significant VLSI design project and having a set of objective criteria and design constraints.
- You can design static CMOS combinational and sequential logic at the transistor level, including mask layout.
- Can evaluate and optimize interconnect delay and noise
- Design for higher performance using alternative circuit families
- Avoiding common CMOS circuit pitfalls and reliability problems.
- You can also Design functional units, including adders, multipliers, ROMs, SRAMs, and PLAs.
VLSI Course at Lakshya Institute
Our training course on VLSI technologies is the right balance of classroom teaching, hands-on experience and workplace dynamics. The candidates pursue this training through classroom teaching and practical classes in the initial training program, and it will be followed by industry-driven projects in the next training program. After successful completion of the training program, the candidates become capable and job-ready in various areas of VLSI Logic and Physical design. This VLSI training program is designed in such a manner that candidates well comprehend the concepts and get a good knowledge of the design requirements.
Our VLSI Design Course imparts ASIC, FPGA design flows, and trains engineers widely on the VLSI design methodologies, VHDL, CMOS, Verilog, and System Verilog. Our VLSI training process has been designed by keeping in mind the current requirements of today’s semiconductor industry. Our VLSI trainers, with the prime focus on ASIC, train the VLSI students in front-end design and ASIC verification practices. We, at Lakshya Institute, aims to equip the VLSI students with all the necessary skill sets in VLSI to not only find a job in blue-chip companies but also build a long-lasting and successful career in ASIC and FPGA design-based industry.
The extraordinary demand for the expert professionals of VLSI Design is inspiring us to offer a course that geared towards meeting the increasing demand of the electronic industry.
VLSI can be used in the design and implementation of VLSI/ULSI and microelectronic systems. Its applications range from computer systems to automotive to consumer electronics. Some of the research and development areas where VLSI is employed include:
- Design and Partitioning
- Systems Specifications
- High-performance computing and communication systems
- Neutral Networks
- Wafer-scale Integration
- Multi-module Systems
Scope of VLSI
Currently, there has been a significant increase in the demand for chip-driven products in consumer electronics, communication, medical electronics, aerospace, computers, and many other sectors. Seeing this phenomenal market demand, more and more chip designing companies have set up their units in India eying on the Indian talents. Additionally, many of the Indian Major IT companies have also forayed in Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) design in a big way.
As the design & manufacturing market (both domestic & international) is expanding fast, there is an improved demand for trained professionals who will increase the technical workforce in the VLSI domain.
- VLSI design flow and methodologies
- FPGA architecture
- Digital Logic Creation Techniques
- Real Life Event Logic Design(Traffic LightControl,
- Three Way Switch, Car Locking)
- Digital Electronics logic design
- Verilog coding
- Synthesis and Verification
- Advanced Digital electronics circuit
- design using FSM
- CMOS fundamentals
- CMOS circuit design
- Layout Design
- Industry Oriented Projects
- IP design methodologies
- Next generation Transistor(TFET study)
VLSI Course Fee and Duration
VLSI Course Fees at Lakshya are moderate and can be paid in instalments. If you have any query regarding the time, place and duration of the course, please contact our technical counsellors.
Duration- 50 Hours
Course Fee- ₹5000
Training Mode –Live Classroom/ Online
This is an approximate course fee and duration for VLSI Training. For more information contact our team.